Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in ~vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 71

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi. I've just installed vanilla on my server. Unfortunatelly instead of installation page it shows me this text: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in ~vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 71" Could You please explain me the reason and tell how to fix it? Note: I have PHP 5.

Comments

• Options
    I have exactly the same problem. Sorry, I cant help you right now, I never used php before, but I am working on it...I write here, as soon as I found a solution.
  • Options
    would be more than helpful - cause the same thing here.

Cheers

Thomas
  • Options
    This is the line 71 (with error):

Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasCache, 'Gdn_Cache', CombinePaths(array(PATH_LIBRARY_CORE,'class.cac...he.php')) ' Gdn::FactoryRealSingleton, 'Initialize');
  • Options
    Hi,

just recognized that the host vanilla should run lower php 5.x.x

I added the following to the .htaccess

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-mapp-php5 .php

This enforced (if version 5 is installed) the host (1und1) to use php5.

Hope it helps. If not you might run php4x.x - so talk to your hoster.

Cheers

Thomas
  • Options
    I tried to replace the comma by a ( one by one, this is the result, original line 71 is 73 now, because I left the original line as a comment. Sorry, no great result, I really did not know, what I was doing...maybe somebody else can go from here.

Replacing the first comma gives us:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in (my website)/vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 73

Replacing (only) the second comma gives us:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in (my website)/vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 73

Replacing (only) the third comma gives us:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting '(' in (my website)/vanilla/bootstrap.php on line 73

Replacing (only) the forth comma gives us:
  • Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited February 2011
    let's look at this more closely:
    Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasCache, 'Gdn_Cache', CombinePaths(array(PATH_LIBRARY_CORE,'class.cac...he.php')) ' Gdn::FactoryRealSingleton, 'Initialize');
    Shouldn't that be:
    Gdn::FactoryInstall(Gdn::AliasCache, 'Gdn_Cache', CombinePaths(array(PATH_LIBRARY_CORE,'class.cac...he.php')) , Gdn::FactoryRealSingleton, 'Initialize');

So a comma ( , ) instead of an apostrophy ( ' )

There was an error rendering this rich post.