Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some Vanilla2 improvements I need on my forum

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Some things common to all forums:
1) Ability to restrict users to post in 1 level categories if they have child categories.
2) Ability to list categories and posts for any category that have child categories.
3) Email activation (we already have email that is sent to users, and appropriate user group). ReCaptcha is now broken by spammers :-(

Some more options:
1) Additional info. Plugin that exist (About me) do not work with latest version.
2) Prefixes. I still do not get how existing plugin work. But it is clearly not that is required. I need prefixes specific to each category.
3) Automatic archiving - I need to move threads in some categories to other categories after some time.
4) Groups and Memberships plugins are fine. But I need to be able to assign multiple groups to one user. And show groups after user name.
5) Identicon do not catch all UserBuilder cases, trying to output user avatars in discussions list I see that they are not present until I go inside discussion and back.

And developers must clearly make interface allowing to install plugins from this web server directly (instead of some alpha state plugin written by others).
Plus test ALL plugins and add appropriate notice.
This can be key advantage!
Tagged: