Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[embed addon] No remote URL option?

jrossjross New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just downloaded the latest version of this plugin - but I do not see the option to enter a remote URL. The only options on the embed page are: The code - plugins and theme.

I'm using vanilla 2.0.17.8

Ideally, I'd love the option of allowing the embedding to only work on sites I specify.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    i have the same problem. there is no remote url option. Vanilla Version 2.0.17.9. any help? thanks
  • Options
    I have the same problem
  • Options
    Does anyone know why the remote URL field disappears in my embed vanilla embed plugin? I can see the embed code and the Current theme field but the field where you should add the remote URL is not there at all?

Is there something wrong with the latest version of the embed plugin?

Please someone help I would really love to embed my forum with-in my wordpress site!
  • Options
    People please help me!

Has anyone figured out why this problem/bug occurs?

I am using the latest version of wordpress and the latest version 2.0.17.10 of vanilla.
  • Options
    I am willing to pay someone to look in to this and tell me what the problem is.

send me a PM if you are interested.
  • Options
    hi friends
    remote url in embed forum is not working

can u pls help
  • Options
    edited February 2012

it does work! I have several installation where it works like a charm... you did sth wrong during the installation really, play around with the settings and at least the comment tool and the embed forum tool should work (SSO has some issues, mentioned in a post tagged with embedvanilla). Also the embed comment tool does not work well with the voting plugin...(you need to turn that one off and figure out how to fix the issue afterwards)

so there are a couple of errors and issues with the embed vanilla plugin (wordpress side)...but once you figured them out, it's actually an awesome feature! (I mentioned them in two other posts)

But unfortunately it's not really that easy to handle. so that's why it doesn't get 5 stars in wordpress...because a lot of people using wordpress are not quite used to finding out why sth doesn't work on their own...that being said, I think it's absolutely worthwhile to invest a couple of hours in making it work, and it will eventually...