Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProxyConnect not connecting to site

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I currently have a default setup of vanilla forums setup with ProxyConnect Enabled, My main site is main.example.com and the forums are located at forums.example.com with a file called userinfo.php (located at main.example.com):
UniqueID=456 Name=bob Email=bob@example.com

main.example.com shows the userinfo.php file only when a user is logged in else it redirects to the login page. When visiting forums.example.com ProxyConnect does not sign in the user in, and clicking sign in just directs to main.example.com/login.php

Hope I made myself clear if not i'll be happy to provide more info, and thanks for any help in advance.

Shedh
Tagged:

Comments

• Probably need to provide more info, manual proxy? what system are you integrating with?
  • I am integrating it with a custom system
  • Just to get an idea of how ProxyConnect works, when does Vanilla lookup the content in the authenticate URL?
  • yes, it then creates a user record in GDN_User table. Is it creating records?
  • nope, i only have one so far which is the admin which i created