Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't stay signed in with Twitter

ZiyphrZiyphr New
edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
For some reason after signing in with Twitter, when I return to a Vanilla forum it usually has forgotten that I signed in.

This is the case for me on http://forum.boagworld.com/ and I also noticed this complaint from someone on another site I frequent. Usually I revisit once a day.

Is it possible to make Vanilla never forget and set a long-time cookie? Twitter sign-in is ideal but only if people will stay signed in week after week.

Trying to work this out before I move an old-school forum over to Vanilla.

Comments

• Do you know which plugin they use?
    I had the same problem with this forum and another login type, but after a while the problem just was resolved :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm guessing it's the standard one that this official board uses too.

Interestingly I haven't yet been signed out here yet so maybe whatever the issue is it's been fixed in the latest version. I'll have to install it myself and give it a proper test.

Would be good to know if you all find Twitter sign-in keeps you logged in for long periods (and roughly how long).