Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Register link with different layout

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm have my forum homepage set to categories all discussions with the sidebar hidden, using the embed theme. There is a sing in link, but I can't figure out how to show a register link if the user isn't already signed in. Anyone know how to do this, or have a link to info on how I can do this?

I'm also getting a 404 page not found error when I logout of the forum. I'm using the wordpress embed plugin. It does log me out, but I dunno hwo to fix the 404
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    As for logount errors - add to config.php this line

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['SignOutUrl'] = '/entry/signout/{Session_TransientKey}';

Hope someone answers your first problem.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, this worked perfect for the logout, no more errors.

I'm still unable to figure out how to show a register link using this layout. One can register by clicking the sign in, but it would be nice to show an actual register link, with maybe the Twitter and any other social sign on options I have active like this site shows.

Now that I've taken another look, there's not even a link back to the main forum page if I enter a category. I must be missing something. I really just wanted to make vanilla act like other forums, it was the only thing that kept me from using it before, and I just noticed it allowed different layouts.
  • Options
    I think that you need to look at themes and their PHP files.
    Normally all elements at sidebar are added one by one.
    Look at PHP code.
    Tagging plugin also do this as it adds other view.
    I think that you can add button before content.
    Someone more knowedgable could provide better details on this.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for your help. I've turned the sidebar back on, as it does show the links back to the forum or other categories. I'll have to read up on how to make the sidebar more narrow and themeing it in general, it just takes up a huge amount of space when it doesn't need to.
  • Options
    Get Stylizer (this is unique soft), and you'll be able to visually change anything and save resulted CSS file back to your site.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Found an easy way to get what I needed. Since I'm using Twenty Ten theme for my main site, I used the Twenty Ten vanilla theme and just styled it like my site. http://twentyten.info/forum/ it's pretty basic but it looks ok I think.

Thanks again for the help