Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Contact Forum Admin(s) improvement

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
My wife and I run our Vanilla forum and when members want to send us a private message they have to manually type both of our names, i.e. 'ashley, jen'. – Its not all that obvious especially as my members are non technical.

On the plus side Vanilla automatically search as you type i.e. typing ash will find Ashley.

I did log another post:-

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/14977/how-to-add-the-how-to-ask-information-box-when-asking-a-new-question-on-vanilla.org#Item_5

Where the ‘How to ask’ feature would give my users helpful information to say, type ashley and jen to contact the forum admins, but I cant get this working.

I would like to see a simpler method . It would be good to use groups as well as names when searching, hence I looked at the following plugins;

Groups 0.1 & Memberships 0.1

This lets me create a group called 'admin' and I added me and jen to that group however it doesn’t let me type my group name‘Admin’ within the private conversation window, it only allows names. At a minimum this functionality would be good.

Even better, a good idea is on the INBOX page where you have ‘start conversation’ to have another box saying something like, for example ‘contact ADMIN’, or in my case contact Ashley & Jen (can be a group containing multiple forum Admins or a single user) when clicking on it, it opens a conversation window prefilled with the admin group or the defined admin user.

If possible expand on this functionality to enable this feature to be made available to members and guests for contacting purposes (options to enable one, or the other or both)
Tagged: