Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No border on the Sign-in box when using internet explorer - FireFox and Chrome is ok

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I’m using the embedded default theme which I have modified the colours and font sizes only, not other changes have been made to style.css or custom.css. I have noticed a problem within internet explorer 8 only. When clicking the signin button the box does not have a boarder and as such looks a little messy as it clashes with the forum background. Google chrome and firefox both work ok and a boarder is displayed. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    I have just tested using the original unmodified embeded theme and this made no difference, hence my CSS changes haven't caused this.
  • Options
    I just checked this when I signed onto Vanillaforums.org. Using Google chrome When clicking sign in there was a thick boarder, but using internet explorer there wasn't a boarder. Must be a internet explorer issue, or in ability to read the CSS correctly.
  • Options
    As far I know IE can't display the rounded (transparent) border style used for the dialog boxes in vanilla. This leaves IE users with a messy webpage. The only way around this right now is to modify the border style yourself or to try to get the default vanilla theme updated.
  • Options
    Even more strange is that Vanilla do not use jQueryUI itself or plugin for this. They have necessary compatibility things and work on all browsers.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I am using BrandFriendly theme which only comes with a custom.css file. Could anyone help me find the class or id that should be modified to display borders for Popups in IE?
  • Options
    Install FireBug and find yourself :-)
  • Options
    Or install Google Chrome. I found this very useful when working with CSS files. Chrome comes with a build in tool to inspect sites code. You simply load the page and right click on the page where you want to query and select inspect element. you can change colours and size, for example, on the fly to see what your site would like like should you actually modify the css file on your web server.
  • Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
    Even more strange is that Vanilla do not use jQueryUI itself or plugin for this. They have necessary compatibility things and work on all browsers.
    I dont think, vanilla should use jQueryUI coz in coming years, vanilla UI will itself be a different brand. Plugin developers can use jqueryUI if they want to save time and effort, but its not at all valid for vanilla.

And yes, even i am using same problem. We can have mobile theme for old browsers.

There was an error rendering this rich post.