Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Customizing homepage with private community enabled

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello,

My website is Flierguy.com and I'd like to customize the homepage and add some information about what the community is all about. Where must I go to edit it?

Also, if I modify the homepage, will that mess up the mobile version?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    avantime4mikeavantime4mike ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    I'm only a beginner myself but I have set up a category called Public Discussions which is visible to all even when not signed in. I'm only using the default theme like you but there is a lot of information for people to see what it's all about.
    http://www.avantime-owners.com/vanilla/
    You will see an announcement at the top which explains what the site is all about.
    I had a look at the Embed theme but it looks far too complicated for a beginner like me.
    My mobile theme is unaffected by doing it this way and it's easy.

You can always use the message feature to display information at the top of the page and even include logos within the message like the GIF I have used.
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback, however, I want to keep the page the way it is, move the login screen over to the right, and add a few sentences about what the website is about to the left. Does anyone know how I can customize this?