Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Shoutbox doesn't appear

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey caerostris, thanks for this plugin.

When I try to enable the thing, it doesn't show.

1. I upload the folder to the plugins directory.
2. I enable it.
3. I give the admin group the correct permissions
4. No shoutbox appears

Comments

• caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Um...

That's strange, the user with UID 1 (the first user you created while installing) has all permissions anyway...

Can you tell me a little bit more about your server?
    What OS, Is vanilla running in a root or a subfolder, is your vanilla maybe embbed?

Anyway, I'll try to figure out whats wrong, thanks for reporting!
  • edited February 2011
    I tried your old plugin Van2Chat in the root directory and now that I'm testing this plugin, it's in a subdirectory. Both had the same problem.

Vanille is not embedded and the server is running Linux vwp4235 2.6.37-xenU-static-i686-he+3 #6 SMP debian lenny
    edited February 2011
    Thanks...
    If you're not interested in fixing this, just tell me, but to fix it, I would definitely need your help because I never had this problem ;-)

If you're interested in helping me (and to get your shoutbox running ;-) , could you give me your domain?
    Otherwhise, you could have a look at the sourcecode shown in firefox (or what browser you're using, usually View=>Page source), and search for "Van2Shout" or "shoutbox", there should be an empty
    < div >...

Maybe you've got javascript disabled in your browser?
    Thanks, Caerostris
  • I sent you an e-mail =)
  • thanks =)
    edited February 2011
    Ok, vanillevla helped me finding out what's wrong...

The error occured due to a "-" in the database name, I just uploaded a new version which will probably fix the problem, i have to test it, but this update doesn't brake anything, so I'll upload it right now...
  • New version fixed it! Thanks!
  • Nope, I have to say thanks, without you I wouldn't be able to fix it!