Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Tag counts off by one?

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I find it interesting that I have a site with absolutely no conversations (they have been deleted) but the tags remaining still have a count of '1'. It looks like tags get a count of '1' just by existing?

I think this is misleading, because it seems to suggest by clicking on the tag link that there will be one message there, but there aren't any.

It is probably OK that tags pre-exist without posts, but it sure seems like the count should be zero in that case.
Tagged:

Comments

• What if there was a bug that didn't delete the tags belonging to a discussion
    after the discussion was deleted.
    In other words
    1) Create discussion
    2) Add tags
    3) Delete discussion
    Are the tags still there after the discussion is deleted? That's a bug

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Yes, I suppose not deleting the tags is a bug. But, to tell you the truth, I don't quite mind that there would be '0' count tags left behind. The reason is for the 'tag completion' feature while editing. It is nice that the forum is still populated with useful tags even though the post is gone.