Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Getting "Didn't save order properly" when nesting categoriess

I am trying to drag and drop a category to create a sub-category, and when ever I do so in the dashboard, I get this pop-up error:

Oops - Didn't save order properly

Don't know what is causing that. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Im getting this too when trying to recreate all of my category nesting after the upgrade
  • Options
    Was something to do with the nature of my Apache/PHP/MySQL installation which I had done manually.

Migrated database to a new server that I chose to use WampServer on (which bundles the latest versions of all of the above) and it basically fixed this problem even when importing the original database from the old server.
  • Options

If you have a large amount of categories the limit of "max_input_vars" in php.ini can be the cause, increase that value, restart server and test if solved. It worked for me.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited September 2016

@jonaguera

Is there a good reason you are replying to a 5 year old post about a very different version of Vanilla?