Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Alerts for messages people leave on your profile page

martzmartz New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
A member of my forum send me this e-mail. I thought it was possible by the preferences related to your "wall messages" and switched those e-mail messages on for her. However, this is not working.

What is the solution for this?

The messages people leave on our "Activity" page don't have a specific notification for them and they get burried under all of the activity updates. Not only does that make it hard to know if someone has left you a message, it also makes it hard to check if there has been a reply to a message. I'm REALLY hoping we can have a separate place for those messages along with an alert option for them (even if it just listed it under the notifications like with the inbox messages). People post semi private messages to one another regularly and this would help a lot I think...

Comments

• Best approach is to have two tabs with defaul ones showing only important things like messages and next tab called "All Activity" that contains all current mess.