Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories help

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i would like a structure that is like the following
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/forum.php

how do i set it up this way? I enter categories but the structure does not seem to work this way.
My forum is hosted with vanilla I am still in the trail period
thanks in advance.

Comments

• I don't think that the forum at that URL is a Vanilla Forum. As far as I know, Vanilla can't be set like that. That Structure is Categories - Forums - Topics, where as how I see it, Vanilla Simplifies that structure so that we don't waste time having to go through each forum looking for the information that we want.

If you have need for a new forum inside of a category, just make a new category, your users will thank you later when it takes less than 2 minutes to find what they want.
  • You can definitely set the homepage view to a categories list but it won't have as much informational columns as that forum and there won't be a newest posts box in the sidebar.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app