Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Does ProxyConnector 1.8.4 work with Vanilla 2.0.17.8?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I had ProxyConnector working for v. 2.0.9 and ProxyConnector1.8 - not reliably, but working.

I have installed 2.0.17.8 (fresh) and ProxyConnector 1.8.4 and it won't let me configure the manual integration properly. First I have to click on WordPress Integration, and then back to Manual Integration. Then whenever I try to set the remote domain cookie the panel disappears but nothing is set. The setting doesn't stick.

I've tried downgrading to PC 1.8 - same issue.
I've tried downgrading Vanilla to 2.0.16 and it appears to let me set the config options - but then doesn't actually perform SSO.

Is there a way I can test to see what Vanilla is actually trying to do, if anything?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Anyone? When trying to configure the plugin, it simply won't set the domain cookie, or load the manual integration options properly.

I've tried adding the cookie domain to config.php but that doesn't seem to help either.

I don't know if it's the Jquery loader, or a permissions issue, or something else - but it simply doesn't let me add the domain.

Has anyone else got SSO working (manual integration) for 2.0.17.8?
  • Options
    The issue I was having with 2.0.16 appears to have been related to using Vanilla's own Sign Out link - it doesn't unset the Vanilla cookie, or the Vanilla Volatile (or both, not sure if they're both needed - I unset both when logging out from my host application).

I've removed the signoutlink from the theme I'm using, and I'm using the ForceGuestLogin and Embed plugin, which seems to cover most of my requirements for SSO (ie private forum, only visible to members of a usergroup from my host app).

I'll wait till someone confirms that SSO works with 2.0.17+, or there are new versions of either ProxyConnector or Garden before trying that little shenanigans again.
  • Options
    Basically, Vanilla 2.0.17.8 and Proxyconnect 1.84 appear to be working with WordPress 3.1 in my setup. However, when trying to log out from Vanilla, I always encounter that WP nag-screen asking if I really want to log out. Seems to be some nonce-issue, I guess.
  • Options
    It worked for me also with WP 3.1. Occasionally when accessing forum, users were not logged in immediately, but clicking 'Sign in' would automatically sign the user in, so it was not a big deal. It also worked when I had it embedded. I tried it both ways before eventually getting rid of embedded, then WP and proxy connect.
  • Options
    Regarding the nag-screen upon logout, I noticed the actual Nonce-value in Vanilla's log-out URL is left blank.
  • Options
    Thanks guys - has anyone got SSO working with manual integration?

If I see that Bonk screen one more freaking time.....

I'm now finding that it worked fine (in 2.0.16) for a few logins, now when I try and login as a new user it either Bonks, shows the sync screen - basically it fails. FAILS. Getting really fed up now.