Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PhpStorm as default IDE for Vanilla project

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
May be it is good idea to apply for their licensing for open source projects, so new developers could use this good IDE?
They are quite suited for Vanilla size projects, plus Git and GitHub integration add value.
Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I don't want to have a default IDE for Vanilla. People can use what they wish. We also don't fit all of the criteria for their open source license.
  • May be Netbeans then.
    I do not mean that you could dictate IDEs :-)
    But having ready to install IDE with complete install and setup instructions.
    And DVCS integration could be good for project, bringing more developers.

As for PhpStorm, I'll ask them if we could qualify. As I understand, paid services are main block here. But independent developers who do not charge anything, could qualify.

@Todd, can you say something about email confirmation that you added to your spam related branch lately. Do we have to see it at unstable branch soon?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The email confirmation will be merged into unstable, but it needs a lot of testing right now. Please avoid thread creep.