Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Can I access authentication info from external home page?

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a home page that is not part of Vanilla (yet). I would like to be able to show username/log-in/log-out/register info. I assume the page will need to load the Vanilla core, get a session, get the user role and permission info and then authenticate the user based on its role and permissions. Can someone point me to how I would go about getting this setup?

Actually I have closer to 5000 external pages I need to get this info embedded into. I had being using Wordpress to do it by simply loading up their wp_blog_header.php file. Since I'm moving from Wordpress to Vanilla, I need to figure out how to do this using Vanilla. Any help here is appreciated.

thanks

Comments

• I discovered that I could take a copy of the index.php file from Vanilla's root folder, rename it, and strip out the dispatcher. This file can then be loaded from anywhere on my website to have full access to the Vanilla database including authentication information.
This discussion has been closed.