Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Inserted Images Not Displaying - Class 'PermissionException' not found

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

Having an issue. When uploading images and inserting it into the post, only the user that's posted can see the images in the post. I'm talking under correction but it's possibly only the Admin account...

I've done some digging and found that when browsing to the image i.e. http://machinemanthemovie.com/forum/discussion/download/114/att1.jpg whilst not logged in as the person who submitted the post I get the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'PermissionException' not found in /home/kmadison/public_html/machinemanthemovie.com/forum/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 320

Also, the FileUpload button only appears when logged in with the admin account...

I'm new to Vanilla, so any help would be appreciated... Is it something to do with Roles And Permissions? If so, how do I configure it?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Comments

• TimTim Vanilla Staff
    The plugin has a couple of permissions that govern whether or not people are able to upload and download files. Check the Roles and Permissions for your Member role.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thanks Tim... Actually just got that! Seems sorted now... One question though, 'Guests' aren't able to see these images within the posts (they can see the attachment thumbnails at the bottom of the post)... Can you think off the top of your head where I can go to try and fix this?