Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories as tabs above discussion

Hi all,

Is there any easy way to get a list of all available categories as tabs above the discussion field? Just like "All Questions" and "Popular" in the main discussions view.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Before I can answer that question, I first have a question:
    What if you get 50 categories? Then you can see 50 tabs?
    Also, would you like to see only the Top categories, if you would get subcategories?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• In this case it will be only 4 categories and no subcategories. But theoretically, yes, all categories would show up as tabs.
  • No ideas on this question? It can't be that hard to get it to work... I thought I could just use i.e. Categories2menu-plugin and simply modify the code to get it to show up somewhere else than in the menu.
  • I don't know that plugin.
    Let's say you have 3 tabs:
    "All discussions", "Profile", "Inbox". You will put your code in that place. The code is
    "Get all category names from categories" and then "foreach category name show me the category name and the link to the discussions in that category"
    Then in the end you'll get:
    "All discussions", "your 4 categories", "Profile", "Inbox"
    (for example)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Well, that is almost exactly what I'm trying to do... I really can't understand how to tell a pice of code to show up as a tab, or even more, in the tab position. I.e. position("tab"); or position("topmenu");... Am I missing something because this shouldn't be to hard to fix.
  • I bump this thread in hope to get a solution... How do I decide whether or not to show something in the menu or as a new tab? It would be simply if I could just change ->Menu->AddLink to something else, i.e. ->AddTab...