Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Forgot" password link on sign-in form does nothing

dudieboydudieboy New
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Perhaps I need to change this link in one of the files somewhere, it tries to link to /vanilla/entry/passwordrequest but nothing happens. It should probably be formatted more like the "Create One" link, which links to /vanilla/entry/register?Target=discussions
Tagged:

Comments

• This is a problem on both my embedded version and at the default install URL, btw.
  • Well, can someone at least tell me which of the forum's files this is coded in, so I don't have to search 200+ files full of code? @Matt, anyone?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    grep is useful for that kind of search.
  • @luc Thanks that was helpful. But I searched for "passwordrequest" and "Forgot" and came up with nothing. It's like the URLs and link come out of thin air. Must be coded only in variables. Perhaps someone can let me know what search string to try?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    I guess that vanilla is a sub directory.
    As there's no "*entry*" stuff in applications/vanilla/controller

But it does exist for the dashboard (which makes sense to be part of Garden, instead of the forum): applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php
    Maybe in there.
  • Okay found it I think. In /vanilla/applications/dashboard/views/entry/signin.php there on line 21:

<li> <?php echo $this->Form->Label('Password', 'Password'); echo $this->Form->Input('Password', 'password', array('class' => 'InputBox Password')); echo Anchor(T('Forgot?'), '/entry/passwordrequest', 'ForgotPassword'); ?> </li>

whereas for the Create One link we see the following:

<li class="CreateAccount"> <?php $Target = GetIncomingValue('Target', ''); if ($Target != '') $Target = '?Target='.$Target; printf(T("Don't have an account? %s"), Anchor(T('Create One.'), '/entry/register'.$Target)); ?> </li>

So obviously a function for 'ForgotPassword' needs to be inserted so that the link will actually work. Maybe now we can get a fix from Vanilla core dev?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    The passwordrequest function does exist in the controller.
    And on my install (2.0.17.9), it does change the popup to a single line to receive a new password by email.
  • dudieboydudieboy New
    edited March 2011
    Ah, I have 2.0.17.8. Perhaps the upgrade will fix it. I'll check. Thanks again @luc!

EDIT: Hrm, that doesn't seem to have done it. I also tried changing themes to the Embed-Friendly, checked it again, and no dice. Still clicking on the Forgot? link does nothing.
  • Here is another problem in the dash I think might be related. When I click Edit next to a member's name in the User page, the bottom of the Edit User form shows as follows:

There is no line for a password, so when I check "Reset password and send email notification to user" and click save, an error message appears at the top: "Password is required." But as you can see, there's no line for a password.

Is this related, and does it point to the cause?
  • yu_tangyu_tang New
    edited March 2011
    Did you already tried to disable Minify plugin?
  • lucluc ✭✭
    Ah, I have 2.0.17.8. Perhaps the upgrade will fix it. I'll check. Thanks again @luc!

EDIT: Hrm, that doesn't seem to have done it. I also tried changing themes to the Embed-Friendly, checked it again, and no dice. Still clicking on the Forgot? link does nothing.
    The update is mainly for security concerns, so nothing was change about that.
    Yep, as @yu_tang said try going through the plugins an try it. Better yet, disable all and try, and enable one by one.
  • @yu_tang That's it! Minify plugin was causing the error, thanks. :D