Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Enabling Markdown and, if possible, converting existing posts

I've read in a couple of places that you can enable the Markdown engine in Garden by setting $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

However, I'm not too sure how this will work for a forum with existing posts in HTML. I would much rather use Markdown than HTML, for its simplicity, but the initial transition seems far less than seamless.

Can anyone suggest a means of converting existing posts to Markdown, and any changes I might need to make in terms of plugins? Right now I'm using a WYSIWYG editor for HTML, which I assume will have to be disabled, but when I do so, the contents of existing posts can still only be edited as HTML.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there is an easy way to convert posts to Markdown (there are few converters available); btw old posts work because Vanilla stores the "Format" used for a single message.