Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can not delete Roles. looking to move all users into one Role

MK1MK1
edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello

I've successfully imported my phpbb database into Vanilla. In phpbb we had several support forums for different services so a lot of my members are segregated into many groups. I'm looking to move all registered users into one group.

In the Vanilla control panel, when i try to delete a role, it gives me the warning that "79 user(s) will be affected by this action."

When i select another group from the drop down menu for them to move into, and click delete Vanilla just seems to hang. The progress bar moves, but nothing happens. Even after i abort the operation (30/40 minutes later) I check phpmyadmin and see the group still exists...

Is this a bug, can it be fixed or is there a query we can run in phpmyadmin to move all members (expect admin) into one group and delete the others.

Comments

• Options
    Did you find out a solution yet - I tried this sometime ago and gave up because I just couldn't get it to work.

I'm curious to know if there's a solution to this.
  • Options
    The table GDN_UserRole maps user IDs onto role IDs. You should be able to move the users by updating that table directly (after backing it up). Once a role has no more users in, then it may delete without any problems.