Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

installation issues + customizing???

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey all, Im new to the lussumo croud and am very well pleased so far with the development I have seen. Really refreshing to see a new clean idea being developed for forum design. although I am having a couple of issues with installation and customization. 1. When I install vanilla I am having trouble with user authentication and cookies. At first the site seemed to work fine. But after doing some customizing I had to do a re-install. On the second install I could not get the cookies to work at all and had to log in everytime I went to a new link in vanilla. So I did a re-install again. This 3rd time I cant login at all anymore, it just takes me back to the login screen. Im guessing I have an issue with my cookie-domain but im not sure. for the cookiedomain entry in the installer:: The first time I used www.mywebdomain.org/ the second time I used just .mywebdomain.org the third time I used www.mywebdomain.org/folder/vanillafolder/ I read throughout the forums about cookie domains and it doesnt seem like the solutions presented fix anything. Any ideas??? 2. When trying to embed vanilla in my own design I often get an issue with the site not working. Since I see that 9.9.3 is in development with custom head and foot files I wont dwell on this much. The only thing is that everytime I alter the /appg/settings.php file and upload it to my site, nothing works at all after that. I thought at first this was because I used dreamweaver, but then I used textEdit and still got the same problem. Even when I get a fresh settings.php file from the .zip and upload it, things are still broken. Am I supposed to leave this alone? Where can I change the cookie domain after installation?? Thanks all, I really appreciate it. -Brad

Comments

• Options
    0.9.2 cookies are broken.
  • Options
    Yeah. While theyre not broken as such, they are noticably flawed. You can change the cookie domain in the application settings (under settings tab) if i remember right. Why it breaks when you upload a new one i have no idea. For both your issues i'd say v1 will be a saving grace, so if you could sit tight i think it'l be worth your while.
  • Options
    Correction: 0.9.2 cookies are "noticably flawed" to the extent that I was never able to get them to work at all.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, any ideas on the release date of v1?? -Brad
  • Options
    Mark is waiting on the semantic code discussion, which doesn't seem to be getting much of anywhere.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Yes, as mentioned before, any estimate given by mark is going to be off target. :) Sit back, relax, and enjoy the progress
This discussion has been closed.