Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

error database connection

edited January 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I received this message: A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message: The connection to the database failed. Affected Elements: Database.OpenConnection(); So I have to seek in the sript the function openconnection() but I did not succeed to find it. Where is it ? PS : sorry for my frenshy english ;-)

Comments

• Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    It's not exactly the name of the script, but rather the function of one of the DB classes that interacts with the database. This might also belong in the troubleshooting forum where most people might see it. Damn, lost my MVP status to move it :\ Mark? insight into this?
  • Options
    I'm assuming your database is running properly, and all the right settings were entered into the vanilla installation...
  • Options
    edited January 2006
    In fact, i'm trying to integrate vanilla forum in my website but using my website's menu, headers, footers etc... the database worked perfectly...and the original forum too... the original forum is http://www.aboutblank.free.fr/forumz/ and i want to integrate it here :http://www.aboutblank.free.fr/?rub=forumz ps : sorry if my saids are confused...
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    I do recall that the Vanilla headers do call in extra classes with them, so completely replacing them without checking to see what other inclusions are being called would surely be causing an error like this. You are hopefully not doing this I presume, are you? Also if your headers call any extra php specific code and you're importing your headers properly, there could be some conflicts going on i'm unable to fathom at this point.
This discussion has been closed.