Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Plugin overwrites the original Twitter sign-in plugin

This discussion is related to the Twitter addon.
edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
This plugin has the same filename/folder as the official/original Twitter sign-in plugin. If renamed it doesn't shows up in the Plugins admin page. How can I fix this?

Comments

• lucluc ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    If you don't want the official one, remove it.

Otherwise, it's a matter of renaming all sufficient stuff in this plugin.
    Look the doc at creating plugin and modify as necessary.
  • edited March 2012

Since I need to use official Twitter plugin, I'm trying rename all sufficient stuff in your Twitter plugin. but I don't know which one is sufficient stuff... :(

I changed plugin folder name from "Twitter" to "Twitter_Button".
    Then changed 2 php files like this....

//class.twitter.plugin.php

$PluginInfo['Twitter_Button'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Twitter_Button',

// Settings.php

<?php echo Anchor(Img('/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues-sm.png', array('style' => 'max-width: 763px;')), '/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues.png', array('target' => '_blank')); ?>

Now I see this message in admin plugin page....

New object methods must be unique. The new "entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" method has already been assigned by the "TwitterPlugin.entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "TwitterPlugin" plugin.|PluginManager|RegisterNewMethod|

luc-san, PLEASE HELP !!!

• likewise, would like to use plugin, but not sure which stuff to rename as I don't want to lose the twitter integration plugin? Any advice for a newbie?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

yamato said:
    Since I need to use official Twitter plugin, I'm trying rename all sufficient stuff in your Twitter plugin. but I don't know which one is sufficient stuff... :(

I changed plugin folder name from "Twitter" to "Twitter_Button".
    Then changed 2 php files like this....

//class.twitter.plugin.php

$PluginInfo['Twitter_Button'] = array(
    'Name' => 'Twitter_Button',

// Settings.php

<?php echo Anchor(Img('/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues-sm.png', array('style' => 'max-width: 763px;')), '/plugins/Twitter_Button/design/help-consumervalues.png', array('target' => '_blank')); ?>

Now I see this message in admin plugin page....

New object methods must be unique. The new "entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" method has already been assigned by the "TwitterPlugin.entrycontroller_twauthorize_create" plugin. It cannot also be assigned by the "TwitterPlugin" plugin.|PluginManager|RegisterNewMethod|

luc-san, PLEASE HELP !!!

a wild guess from a cargo-cult programmer...

try changing ...

public function EntryController_Twauthorize_Create($Sender, $Args) {

to in the plugin that you are changing

public function EntryController_Twauthorize2_Create($Sender, $Args) {

you also probably need to change references to twauthorize to twauthorize2 elsewhere in the script. It should stop the error, but I can't vouch if the program will work as I don't tweet.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I have upload a new version that doesn't overwrites the oficial Twitter sign-in plugin.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/twitter_button-plugin-1.1