Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

htaccess doubt - redirect from non-www to www site. Is this correct?

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I would like to redirect non-www prefix pages to www prefix pages.

However, I have to do this in vanilla forum which already has few redirect rules in htaccess.

I have added the redirect code above it. I would like to know whether this is correct? It is working fine but I feel performance problem as the forum is loading really slow.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteBase /forum RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^gtricks.com [NC] RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.gtricks.com/forum/$1 [L,R=301] # Certain hosts may require the following line. # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum) # RewriteBase /forum RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]

Can anyone help me telling this is not standard or the better way of doing it.

PS: The forum is not at the root but in folder named 'forum'. At root there is already wordpress blog.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments