Users running a non-download version of Vanilla (pulled from github), on branch release/2019.016 or master from the last 2 weeks should upgrade to release/2019.017 or latest master for security reasons. Downloaded official open sources releases are not affected.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Allow guests to download

This discussion is related to the fileupload addon.
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
If you want guests to be able to download attachments from the File Upload plugin, you can make one small change to the database. I have not had any unwanted side effects with this so far. Here's the SQL to grants guests download permission:

UPDATE `YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE`.`GDN_Permission` SET `Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow` = '1' WHERE `GDN_Permission`.`PermissionID` =2;

Comments

• Worked as you described after replacing YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE appropriately, thanks!
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You can also do this from Dashboard/Roles & Permssions. Edit the permissions for Guest.
  • @Todd in my install 2.10.18b2 with plugin version 1.4.4 there is no checkboxes to check for plugins!
    I had to edit the database like @chadvonnau said.
    Please implement this feature in the next version. And yes the plugin is awesome!
  • edited January 2012

For me to work I had to use the folowing command:

UPDATE `YOUR_DATABASE_NAME_HERE`.`GDN_Permission` SET `Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow` = '1' WHERE `GDN_Permission`.`PermissionID` =3;

It may be because I deleted some roles.

• Please help where exactly do I have to put this SQL command ?
    Thanks