Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Fatal Error: Success -> WTF?

Hi,

i just installed Vanilla, because i wanted to integrate a forum on my blog (software is dotclear). I'm on a shared host called square7.ch and so i don't have access to php.ini or apache itself. Only phpmyadmin, and ftp.

If i try to activate a theme, plugin or something like that i get this error message:
the addon could not be enabled because it generated a fatal error: success

I searched on the forums and on google but i couldn't find a solution. The only thing i found was about restarting apache, but i don't have access to it. I don't think this would be a solution, because everything else works fine on this host.

Installed the newest Version of Vanilla.
PHP Version 5.3.5
MySQL 5.5.11 (i think.. phpmyadmin says so)

Firefox 4.0.1 on Arch Linux

Comments

• Options
    Usually problems with themes relate to problems with rights on directories.
    There were some posts about this a couple of weeks ago.
    Can you see if you can give more rights on the template directories using your FTP program? Same goes for the directory where smarty stores its compiled templates (templates_c I believe)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    I just changed the rights from 755 to 777 (which is not good. i think :D ) and it didn't do anything. The problem is still there. :(
  • Options
    Ok, change the rights back.
    Could you show a screenshot, including the URL in the address bar?
    I found a piece of code that shows part of the error message, but need to find the other part of the error message in the code (sorry, bit cryptic).

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    There it is:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1905/errorxk.png

On themes is the same message... I can activate plugins in config.php but it's not the best solution. :D
  • Options
    One of the moderators on square7 just informed me, that i can make some changes in .php.ini, which is an alias for .user.ini at square7. Don't kow if it's correct, because the server admin didn't answer yet.

Maybe i have to change there something to get vanilla work?