Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
This discussion is related to the Useful Functions addon.
edited May 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So, could you provide any examples on how one could benefit from using this plugin?
Provides functions for:
- render elements
- manipulate arrays and objects
- work with files (upload, remove, etc.)
- process images (thumbnaills, sprites, etc.)
- run various common sql queries
- load html document or file to phpQuery
- translate short phrase by Google or Lingvo
- debug, etc.
- allow plugins to run time-based schedule code (like cron)
- nested sets tree model
The nested sets tree model looks interesting, and could have saved me some work in the RepyTo plugin.
I think it comes down to needs. If you are writing a plugin, then take a look here to see if there is anything useful, then set up a dependency (can you do that in Vanilla - I confuse WP, Drupal, Vanilla, ...).