Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Image embedding conflict between FileUpload plugin and CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG plugin

PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.0.77
Viewed on Firefox 4.0.1

I have just created a new vanilla forum for a private group. We need file attachment capabilities, and the ability to embed images, so FileUpload 1.4.0 worked perfectly.

I also wanted to give the users WYSIWYG editing abilities. I installed CLEditor jQuery WYSIWYG 0.5, which works beautifully until I try to use the Insert Image link after uploading an image file via FileUpload. Nothing seems to happen, but when the discussion is submitted it does appear in the post (provided the invisible HTML was not deleted accidentally). If the discussion or comment is edited, the actual image appears in the WYSIWYG as it should.

I have tried the non-approved alternative the the CLEditor plugin, but it completely mangled the image address when attempting to Insert Image.

Is there any other way around this bug? Is it possible that this compatibility issue will be addressed in a later version of either plugin? Any other suggestions? For now I may just forgo using CLEditor, but ideally I would rather use both.

Comments