Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Sub categories listed on parent categorie's page/ Last post time/thread/by listed on categories/all?

nashiranashira New
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I really like vanilla, but I have two problems/features I cannot find but I really need...

First one would be the ability to list the sub category on it's parent categories main page, above the thread links... along with their descriptions, so I don't have to list them all on the main page.

The second would be an easy way to tell there are new posts from the categories/all page, which is my front page. Preferably some way to do like a "last post by" column or line like most forum software does, with the time, thread and poster... is any of this possible, or coming soon?

Thank you.

ETA: also is it possible to add "breadcrumb" links on the discussion view above and/or below the thread/discussion?

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You are describing features that are planned for our next release.

I'm not sure what version you are on right now, bug the categories/all page does show the last post, date, author.
  • Options
    Very cool to know.

Mine doesn't, I'm on Version 2.0.17.10 not the beta one, though... maybe that's why? (I only downloaded and installed it last week, so I know I'm not too far behind... I think.)
    Thanks! :D