Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Login On Front Of Site

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Okay so this isn't exactly a single sign on type thing with proxy connect because I currently have no user system on the frontend of my site. I have vanilla embeded into my website and was wondering if there was a way to embed the login form into a sidebar for example?

If not is there any other simple way to go about this. I eventually want to use it to have users leave comments and rate games. I just want to use vanillas user system entirely.

Comments

• Options
    So is this possible? I am basically trying to create a social arcade and use vanilla as the base and forum for the site. You can see what I have so far at the link below.

http://webcade.info/
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Hmm. I think the best way right now is to have a popup window. You can pass display=popup to entry/signin to have it look more popup friendly.

Otherwise, you can maybe try copying the html from Vanilla's entry/signin page. You can add a hidden input with with a name of Form/Target to tell Vanilla what page to redirect back to.
  • Options
    Okay thanks for the suggestion. I will try out maybe using the html from Vanilla's signin page and see how that works. If I can't get that working I will try out the popup and see how that works.
  • Options
    So I tried a few things out and have another question. First when I got the login embedded into the front of the site it messed up my google search and redirects it into vanilla. Not sure why that is.

Also if I want to change the login area once logged in do i check the cookies for the vanilla cookies?