Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

SMTP Setup but sending password reset never completes

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm using Vanilla 2.0.17.10.

Before I configured SMTP, I could reset a user's password and the modal dialog would go away immediately after I pressed "Save".

I want to use SMTP, but when I configure it (to use sendgrid or gmail) everything seems to be working except when I actually try to send the e-mail. I press the "Save" button and then the "loading" animation goes on forever and nothing actually happens. I also don't see any errors on the page.

Does the SMTP functionality even work?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I used the web developer console in Chrome to see this error coming back from the AJAX request:

SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. {"Code":0,"Exception":"SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host."}

I've tried the connection in another mail client and it works fine. Maybe it's something with my host (Godaddy)?
  • Options
    Found the solution, it's all related to be hosted on Godaddy.

1. Setup outgoing mail to use SMTP
    2. Use relay-hosting.secureserver.net as your SMTP server
    3. No username or password are required
    4. Use port 25
    5. Do not use SSL or TLS
    6. You MUST use an outgoing e-mail account that is linked to your godaddy hosting account. All godaddy hosting accounts come with at least one free e-mail. You have to set this up in Godaddy and use this as the e-mail that godaddy will send messages as.

Hope this helps.