Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Search not working properly

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi, I'm testing search feature on my installation, but it's not working properly. When I search, some words in a post are ignored, returning no matches for words I know are written in some discussions.

For example, in a discussion I wrote "l'iMac", and if I search "iMac" I have zero results, but if I search "l'iMac" I have the correct matches.

Plus, there is a way to make search work also for discussion tags (added via "tagging" plugin) ?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
  • Options
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    I've noticed that the issue appears mostly with words after the apostrophe (which is often used in italian). For example if I write "l'imac" and then search "imac", no matches are found. I tried deleting the apostrophe, and then the search works.

Is that still a normal behaviour related to mysql search, or a bug? Thanks.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    I think that's probably the way MySQL search works.
  • Options
    It's weird because I tried in other sites using mysql (like wordpress) and it works. Maybe they use a different kind of search. By the way, it's just a glitch on a fantastic software you have built, not a big issue :)
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    mysql full text search is not the same as using like statements in post bodies.