Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Website/Content quoting solutions?

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been using Vanilla for a couple of months now on a medium activity forum (150 or so posts a day) and the one thing we've ran into the most is quoting content from websites or other sources. You could use <blockquote> but it doesn't really style it in a way that's entirely usable.

What do the community members do here for that kind of thing? Some house rules or suggestions that I could employ?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Can you give an example of a style that you consider usable?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    Can you give an example of a style that you consider usable?
    Using the Quotes plugin that I believe you yourself created it has a nice styled box, gives the name, etc. Perhaps it's just a matter of duplicating the plugin but instead of rel="Tim" it could be cite="websiteurl" or whatever. Something I might look into this evening.

I was just curious if there was some way that people are already quoting off site material that seems to be working for them. You'd think it would be a pretty common occurrence?