Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

2.0.18b2: SSO Logout not working and cookie not deleting

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

I've installed the newest version of Vanilla Forums 2.0.18b2 today (because ProxyConnect is now working again), but I've got two problems:
1. When a click the logout button in Vanilla Forums the user is not redirected to my logout page.
2. I can't unset/delete the Vanilla cookies from my logout page, although I did set my domain correctly...

Are these bugs, or am I just making some kind of mistake?

Thanks!

Comments

• I'd post a report with as much info as you can on the github issue tracker. They will ask you followup questions if they need to and triage it as needed.
  • I solved it in a dumb way: I just downgrade to 2.0.16 and with ProxyConnect 1.8.4 and it works again... :)

However, there is one minor problem I noticed: administrators can't set a message or import a forum. Only the user that was initially created as administrator can do that. Is that done on purpose?
  • Don't know whether @Frog means the same, but in my setup (Vanilla 2.0.18b2, Proxyconnect 1.97, WordPress 3.1.3), I am unable to log out properly from Vanilla. Whenever I sign out by clicking vanilla's link, I remain signed in into wordpress, while it appears to be working fine the other way round.
  • Yes, I meant exactly the same. Because my client needed some features from Vanilla 2.0.18b2 I now use that version (and not 2.0.16 anymore) successfully with ProxyConnect 1.97. I was able to solve the problem by making changes in the ProxyConnect source code.
  • I'm facing the same problem.
    How did you solve it? What did you change?
    Thanks!
  • To change the logout issue I opened class.proxyconnect.plugin.php in the ProxyConnect folder and changed the EntryController_SignOut_Handler function with the following (I know it's a quick and dirty fix):
    public function EntryController_SignOut_Handler(&$Sender) {
    if (!Gdn::Authenticator()->IsPrimary('proxy')) return;

Redirect('http://www.yoursite.com/logout.php', 302);
    }
    Do you also have the cookie problem?
  • I was having a similar problem with vanilla signout link not signing out of wordpress. had to modify the code a bit to make it work.

I opened class.proxyconnect.plugin.php in the ProxyConnect folder and changed the EntryController_SignOut_Handler function with the following :

Redirect('http://www.yoursitehere.com/wp-login.php?action=logout', 302);
    }

note that if your wordpress is not installed on the root, you need to include the installation folder eg. http://www.yoursitehere.com/blog/wp-login.php?action=logout
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I'll look at this. Thanks

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• edited July 2011
    I seem to be having the identical problem. I login to Vanilla from my site perfectly but when I attempt to logout from Vanilla it does not log me out nor does it redirect to my site. I attempted making the change to the class.proxyconnect.plugin.php file as described above but that does not seem to be working for me (and I believe that is only a fix for the redirect problem, not the won't log me out problem). Any suggestions? Thanks.
  • Once you've finished setup, you may need to clear out your browser's cache before testing. I had the same problems and that seemed to do the trick for me.
  • Had the same problem, I had to change my SignOut Handler to also clear the forum session. my final code was:

$Authenticator = Gdn::Authenticator()->GetAuthenticator('proxy');
    $Authenticator->SetIdentity(NULL);
    $Authenticator->DeleteCookie();
    $SignoutURL = Gdn::Authenticator()->GetURL(Gdn_Authenticator::URL_REMOTE_SIGNOUT, NULL);
    Redirect($SignoutURL,302);
    }