Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[Solved] "String could not be parsed as XML" Error upon posting

crmarkscrmarks New
edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
As of this morning I'm having difficulty posting responses to discussions on my forum. When a new post is submitted, there seems to be considerable lag before the post appears, sometimes a minute or two. Once the new post appears, the autosaved 'draft' version is still displayed in the reply box. A minute or two after that, an error popup box from Vanilla appears stating "String could not be parsed as XML".

I'm not sure why this is happening just now, everything was fine yesterday. The only variable I've changed is $Configuration['Vanilla']['Comment']['MaxLength'] = '8000'; has been set to 9000. I reverted this change with no luck, as well as cleared my forum cookies and cache.

Any insight into what might cause this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited June 2011 Answer ✓
    Answer is above as a discussion creator cannot accept his own answer.

Answers

• Options
    crmarkscrmarks New
    edited June 2011
    I should also state that I'm running 2.0.17.9. It's causing all of my users to double post because they don't think it has gone through. The posts are submitted to the database nearly instantly, but the view is not updated to show that. While it sits and waits to appear, the auto-save feature continues to save a draft and not mark that content as already posted.

Very confused :(
  • Options
    crmarkscrmarks New
    edited June 2011
    Well I finally found the culprit, my Vanilla AntiSpam plugin. It appears stopforumspam.com is offline, and it was timing out while trying to check poster's IP addresses.

Hopefully they come back online soon, my forums are going to be slammed with spammers.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited June 2011 Answer ✓
    Answer is above as a discussion creator cannot accept his own answer.