Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can I make Facebook Connect the only way to Register?

edited June 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Can I make it so that if you want to register you have to go through just Facebook. I know I can eliminate google and open id but can I prevent people from doing the normal registration process and just use FB?

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    The current 2.0.18 beta has an option in you dashboard's registration settings to only allow connect (ex. facebook) as your registration method.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    The current 2.0.18 beta has an option in you dashboard's registration settings to only allow connect (ex. facebook) as your registration method.
  • Awesome.. thanks.
  • Related to this, as I have now enabled only Facebook and Google account as registration methods (and disabled traditional email based signup),
    How do I disable the email verification step for new users? It's just overkill to require both Facebook Connect AND email verification.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    I've made that change for you, @boyzforum

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Thank you very much.