Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where can I change the "sign in" text, please?

horia_mhoria_m New
edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I would like to customize the "sign in" page, i.e. to change the text that appears on the sign in page, usually at www.myforum.com/entry/signin?Target=discussions

I searched a lot, but could not find anything about it in this forum. I use a self installed vanilla 2.0.18b2.

Thank you!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Ummmm....I'm thinking the two are not related. If he wants what I want it has nothing to do with localization and everything to do with just simply editing the text that is generated to say something else. I could be wrong...it has been know to happen...but somehow? I don't think so.
    We put all our output text through our Locale system. If you want to change a piece of text in the application, create a new Locale (essentially a language pack) and modify that text.

That's how we do it.

You can also make a theme or plugin and completely override that view, but that is a less futureproof solution, and more work.

• thank you, Tim!

So I understand that one can change the locale file (the file that contains all the standard texts that appear in a vanilla forum) to match what he wants.
    So, in my case, I would just have to edit the phrase "sign in" from the standard locale used by Vanilla.
    @Arlene_Green: yes, at the beginning I thought that the "locales" solution isn't mine, but reading the link posted here by Tim enlightened me.