HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.

Picture and Video upload system?

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So i am currently using the File Uploads plugin and it doesn't exactly fit the needs that i require.. It does, but i do not want my users to be aloud to upload any file they want, just Pictures and Videos.

But i also want to go as far as having a system sort of like Facebook where they can click on a button to share a picture and then your pictures open up for you to choose one, same for the Videos. Although, wouldn't that also require a built in video player? And i have no idea where to start when developing that.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Accepted Answer
    This is a pretty big task. You can maybe start by grabbing the file upload plugin and looking through its code.

Answers

• No one?
  • Still no one?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Accepted Answer
    This is a pretty big task. You can maybe start by grabbing the file upload plugin and looking through its code.
  • Yeah, i have been doing that. I'm sure i can figure something out, i was just curious to see if anyone else has taken on something like this.