Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Picture and Video upload system?

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
So i am currently using the File Uploads plugin and it doesn't exactly fit the needs that i require.. It does, but i do not want my users to be aloud to upload any file they want, just Pictures and Videos.

But i also want to go as far as having a system sort of like Facebook where they can click on a button to share a picture and then your pictures open up for you to choose one, same for the Videos. Although, wouldn't that also require a built in video player? And i have no idea where to start when developing that.

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    This is a pretty big task. You can maybe start by grabbing the file upload plugin and looking through its code.

Answers

• No one?
  • Still no one?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    This is a pretty big task. You can maybe start by grabbing the file upload plugin and looking through its code.
  • Yeah, i have been doing that. I'm sure i can figure something out, i was just curious to see if anyone else has taken on something like this.