Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Some more questions regarding the API

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm looking into a new forum software to use for a future project, but it will require a good API as I intend to do a centralized user system that matches the forums and other sides to my site. This is already doable with both phpBB and IPB thought their external connections features, but I haven't seen anything like this for Vanilla.

The API looks very easy to use, but seems to only focus on getting profile or post data in a GET fashion, I'd like to be able to use my own signup form on my site and inject it into the forums, and to login to the site using the desired forum username and password.

Are these features already present in Vanilla, but undocumented, would it be a complicated process to make this API my self (seen from the perspective of an experienced PHP coder that hasn't touched the Vanilla code base at all), or is there even a plugin that allows this already?

edit: fixed some typos.

Answers

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    There's an API plugin IIRC, so done externally.