Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Why does the search field not return any results?

hammett03hammett03 New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I noticed on my forum if you search for anything it always says no results. Then I noticed even on this forum the search does not work.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    I have this problem too, on both my installation of VF and here on this site.

The search returns no results, even when I can see a thread with the searched word in the title/text right there on the front page.
    Is there a solution or workaround?
  • Options
    I confirm that neither in vanilla 2.0.18.b2, nor on vanillaforums.org forum search does not return any results.
    Please cure!
  • Options
    I've just searched for "functions", and I've got results:
    http://vanillaforums.org/search?Search=functions

It uses mysql full text search to provide it's search, if there are too few comments (to search in) or too many answers (of the search), those are discarded.
  • Options
    You're right, the search issue is gone for now from vanillaforums.org, but this does not change the fact that searching and downloading addons or core had not been available for a week. Do you know if it was as issue with the server hosting company?
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    A migration was done and it was reverted. It has been said on another discussion (the one about the addon issue).