Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Upgrading from 1.1.10 ?

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
It's been a while since I updated Vanilla - only a couple of years! :)

I'm on version 1.1.10 and it works fine but I want to include some features (like facebook connect) and want to upgrade to keep current.

So - will my database handle a swap straight to the new version? Will it self update? Will my old theme still work?

I'm happy to create a new install and attach the db, just wondering how much the db structure etc has changed,

Any help appreciated!
Rob

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Well the structure change can be figured out easily, but I would look at it a different way.
    Let's say vanilla 2 is completely different from vanilla 1.
    Use the vanilla exporter (porter) to export your data from vanilla 1 and then use the importer in vanilla 2 to import your data.
    Problem is that at the moment there's some problems downloading from the addons site, otherwise just go to the addons site and look for the porter plugin.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Well the structure change can be figured out easily, but I would look at it a different way.
    Let's say vanilla 2 is completely different from vanilla 1.
    Use the vanilla exporter (porter) to export your data from vanilla 1 and then use the importer in vanilla 2 to import your data.
    Problem is that at the moment there's some problems downloading from the addons site, otherwise just go to the addons site and look for the porter plugin.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• That's what I needed. I'll take a look at the import/export procedure and try and get another install running. Great, thanks.
  • Has anyone got the porter downloaded that they could send me?
  • Got it... you can download the addons if you're quick and hit the 'If your download does not begin right away, click here to download now.' link.