Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Recent messages block to custom frontpage

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey! At first, I'm not using Vanilla Forums yet, but I'm thinking to import my phpBB to Vanilla Forums.

I would like have the list of newest messages on my custom fronpage. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Oh boy...
    so you have a custom index.php which is your frontpage and on that custom index.php which is your frontpage you would like to see the newest messages from vanilla...
    Unless you can do something with embedding (maybe others can help with that) you will have to access the Vanilla boostrap file and then select those newest messages.
    Let's see if the embedding thing works somehow.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• If you would install vanilla on your website, what would the address be
    www.website.com/discussions
    or
    www.website.com

• www.website.com/discussions for Vanilla
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓
    Oh boy...
    so you have a custom index.php which is your frontpage and on that custom index.php which is your frontpage you would like to see the newest messages from vanilla...
    Unless you can do something with embedding (maybe others can help with that) you will have to access the Vanilla boostrap file and then select those newest messages.
    Let's see if the embedding thing works somehow.

• Okay, thank you for help!