Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

ProxyConnect troubles

I've been trying to install ProxyConnect but I keep getting an error. I've followed Tim's video on how to install but it hasn't worked. I've now tried several times (installing the pluggin and then deleting it and reinstalling) and I keep getting the same error. I install the plugin in both Vanilla and WordPress. Activate in WP and then activate in Vanilla only to get the following:

FATAL ERROR IN: Gdn_PluginManager.xAvailablePluginFolders();
"The "Gdn_PluginManager" object does not have a "xAvailablePluginFolders" method." LOCATION: /location/library/core/class.pluggable.php > 163: // Make sure that $ActualMethodName exists before continuing: > 164: if (!method_exists($this, $ActualMethodName)) { > 165: // Make sure that a plugin is not handling the call > 166: if (!Gdn::PluginManager()->HasNewMethod($this->ClassName, $ReferenceMethodName)) >>> 167: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('The "' . $this->ClassName . '" object does not have a "' . $ActualMethodName . '" method.', $this->ClassName, $ActualMethodName), E_USER_ERROR); > 168: } > 169: > 170: // Make sure the arguments get passed in the same way whether firing a custom event or a magic one. > 171: $this->EventArguments = $Arguments; BACKTRACE: [/location/library/core/class.pluggable.php 167] PHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler(); [/location/library/core/class.pluggable.php 167] Gdn_Pluggable->__call(); [/location/plugins/ProxyConnect/class.proxyconnect.plugin.php 58] Gdn_PluginManager->AvailablePluginFolders(); [/location/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 432] ProxyConnectPlugin->SettingsController_ProxyConnect_Create(); [/location/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 290] Gdn_PluginManager->CallNewMethod(); [/location/index.php 38] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Am I not fully removing the plugin when I delete it from both Vanilla and WordPress? I don't know what any of this means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck Bender
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    2.0.18beta required for latest ProxyConnect.
  • Options
    It says it works with 2.0.17.9 on the addon page. Are you sure? I couldn't get the beta version to download properly or install. When I tried to install it, then navigate to /utilities/structure I kept getting a message that the page was not available.
  • Options
    Yes I'm sure. It has been said many times here already.
    y not ies => /utility/structure
  • Options
    Sorry mistyped in my response. I meant utility not utilities. Regardless, it didn't work. I keep getting the message the page doesn't exist and I can no longer login to my forum.
  • Options
    Are you using rewritten urls?

Anyway, using it or not, you could use : index.php?p=/utility/structure and index.php?p=/utility/update