Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Post Notifications to Admin?

netdzynrnetdzynr New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Apologies if this is a dumb question...

Does Vanilla have a facility to (email) notify the forum admin of new posts in the forum? I don't see any setting for this in the dashboard and and doing a search here in Questions and Add-ons appears to return zero results.

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Best Answer

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There's a new preference in 2.0.18beta (3 or 4): "Notify me when people comment on a discussion."

Answers

• Options
    I don't think there's a setting for new posts. There is a notification for new post in your own topic (I think), new private messages, when a message / answer has been accepted, etc, etc. But for new posts.. don't think so.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There's a new preference in 2.0.18beta (3 or 4): "Notify me when people comment on a discussion."
  • Options
    @underdog -- Yes, I ran through several of the default notifications, but none of them seem to be the type of thing I'm looking for.
    @luc -- Thanks, hope this is available soon. Good timing, especially with the Vanilla blog post of 8/9 - Using A Forum For Customer Self-Service And Support.
    Thanks for the responses.