Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BONK when trying to find by tags?

http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/tagged/proxyconnect

Keeps saying bonk. Does the community forums run just as how the hosted solutions would run? If so, its not making me too excited to use it!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    I believe that was a non specific glitch due to some hot changes.

My understating is the community forum uses the same code, with some custom plug ins, and themes, much like most implementations.

@ UnderDog he is talking about this site.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    Answer ✓

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    I believe that was a non specific glitch due to some hot changes.

My understating is the community forum uses the same code, with some custom plug ins, and themes, much like most implementations.

@ UnderDog he is talking about this site.

grep is your friend.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    As a former, Ruby fanatic. I'd say some php stuff like wordpress, ect just works and an easy to setup CMS. it doesn't matter it is elegant or not, it is popular and has loads of support plugins to optimise. As it happens it actually pretty good under the hood, that is becuase they have had years of refinement.

Vanilla has similar aspirations, and has been ok to develop. There was lot of idealism in the start of V2, which thankfully I think they are loosing, the Garden platform was a bit of red herring, but now that it is done it works for vanilla.

Ruby fanatics also tend share this idealism, which is why in the world of blogs, out of the box CMS, forum, their software is under supported.

Though Beast was a pretty good slim forum, I'd have to say.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks for derailing the conversation to unrelated discussion about ruby. I was asking about vanilla.
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited September 2011
    You're welcome;)

grep is your friend.