Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

vanilla.0.9.2.6 error after installation

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hello, I have apache 2.0.55, php 5.1.2, mysql 5.0.18 on a windows machine. After I install Vanilla, i get to click on the signin button (right after it finished the installation) and I get this error: http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1368/vanillaerr1nz.jpg and the error goes on the on till line 31 or something. I never had this issue with Vanilla before, what's going on? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Looks like you typed "heserver" where you meant "theserver"
  • Options
    I agree, that's the error, but in the beginning of the installation, it does finds the good path "theserver" and all, but then after completes the inst, somehow the "t" gets lost .. I didn't touch anything, how is this happening.. hmm
  • Options
    php 5 bug? I've a feeling it might be getting confused again. Can you post up the relevant sections of your settings file? (appg\settings or some such)
  • Options
    good idea, I just checked the appg\settings.php and it looks like it's all good and not "C: heserver\..etc" // Path Settings define("agAPPLICATION_PATH", "C:\theserver\Forum/"); Can it be because of the forward slash that it's used only in *Nix?
  • Options
    try replacing all your backward slashes with either forward flashes or double backward slashes.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Yeah, it sees '\t' and replaces it with a tab.

Use one of the following:
    define("agAPPLICATION_PATH", "C:/theserver/Forum/"); define("agAPPLICATION_PATH", "C:\\theserver\\Forum/"); define("agAPPLICATION_PATH", 'C:\theserver\Forum/');
  • Options
    Thank you Bergamot, works great now. :)
  • Options
    bergamot should get a vanilla merit badge or something
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    hi, i am got this bug too. but though my php-coding expirience i found this bug fast ;-) i am using xampp as webserver *EDIT* and then i got a extension bug.... at "settings -> manage extensions" i see just the plugin "Whispers", but 12 times! this is the same count which extensions are in the extension-folder... when i activate the "Whispers"-plugin.. all items on the plugin-page are activ... but 12 times "Whispers". is there any solution? bye
  • Options
    oh i see.. its a known bug :-S
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Documentation : 56, Users : 0;
This discussion has been closed.