Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FileUpload plugin stalls on "Uploading...", throws JSON error

ericcarlericcarl New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I just got the FileUpload plugin installed and when I attempt to attach a file I get the following error in Chrome's inspector:

Uncaught Invalid JSON: <br> <b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse() in <b>/Users/gnomonINC/Sites/vanilla-2/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php</b> on line <b>716</b><br>

I'm not super inspector-savvy but it looks like it's originating in jquery.js. I've already set all of the user role permissions to allow for uploading and downloading. I'm using Vanilla 2.0.17.10.

The comment in this thread (http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/13124/file-upload-always-shows-uploading....-and-never-finished#Item_31) from jahudka regarding "{JSON response}" seems like it might be my same problem but I couldn't quite follow his solution. Thanks for any help!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Answer ✓
    Solution!!

I had this bug too.

When I first uploaded the plugin (1.5.1) to my plugins folder I did it through Dreamweaver.

I decided to try using the older version (1.4.4) and see if that one worked. I didn't take any chances on the upload (sometimes Dreamweaver misses files) so I used Cyberduck just to be sure. I enabled it, and shazam! It works now!!

Maybe it was DW, or maybe it's the latest version of the plugin that has a bug.

I'll have to try the new version uploaded through Cyberduck and see if it still works.

Answers

• Are you using the latest version of fileupload 1.5.1 ?
  • Answer ✓
    Solution!!

I had this bug too.

When I first uploaded the plugin (1.5.1) to my plugins folder I did it through Dreamweaver.

I decided to try using the older version (1.4.4) and see if that one worked. I didn't take any chances on the upload (sometimes Dreamweaver misses files) so I used Cyberduck just to be sure. I enabled it, and shazam! It works now!!

Maybe it was DW, or maybe it's the latest version of the plugin that has a bug.

I'll have to try the new version uploaded through Cyberduck and see if it still works.
  • Thanks dudes. I was using 1.5.1. I just tried 1.4.4 and IT WORKS. HOORAY. Seems strange that the newest version would be broken. :(
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    where can i download 1.4.4 from? Thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• older versions than 1.5.1 seem to have been removed, possibly due incompatibilty with later vanilla versions.?
    It might be preferable to upgrade your vanilla installation instead? what version vanilla are you using?
  • @Tim I have the latest stable Vanilla and Updated FileUpload from 1.4.4 to 1.5.2, now I have the same error as the OP:

--
    [09:03:25.957] uncaught exception: Invalid JSON:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Gdn_Upload::Parse() in /var/www/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 716
  • Looks like FileUpload is using functions, that are only available in the new Beta and RC-Versions of Vanilla. Is this intended? If so, the listed requirements should not show Vanilla 2.0.9.

So, where can I download my old 1.4.4 then?
  • Looks like they removed it from the FileUpload plugin page. I uploaded the one from my Vanilla installation for you here:

http://www.sans-concept.com/temp/FileUpload-144.zip

Hope that works.
  • You are my hero, thanks alot
  • ericcarlericcarl New
    edited November 2011
    Just updating this post to note that in Vanilla 1.0.18.1 the 1.5.2 version of FileUpload is no longer throwing the JSON error. Seems to only have a problem with Vanilla 2.0.17. Hooray!