Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can I integrate Vanilla into a website to look like... (screenshot) ? *

edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, I was wondering if I started using these forums, could I integrate them into my website to look like the screenshot below?
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/SymbolX/website.png

Basically the smaller icons on the left navigation bar are the forum sections
The stuff you see in the body area is the main forum, basically its a thread with comments.

I already have the template made and it looks exactly like that in the screenshot, all I have to do is put a forum into it and make it match the look. Would I be able to do so with these forums?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Vanilla has very advanced theming capabilities so this should be possible.

Have a look at the theming guide.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓

• Options

Thank you for the response, that link was very useful.
    By the way, i'm using Joomla for my website, if I want to take out some parts of the forum can I do that?

And say if I want to put the forum navigation links into my own navigation bar in the website, can I do that too? Basically I want to rip out some parts of the forum and put them all around the website template.
  • Options
    Just have a look at the theme's master view to get an idea of what you can remove.